Thursday, February 16, 2012

Adopted font

CAMBRIA

Aa Bb Cc Dd Ee Ff Gg Hh Ii Jj Kk Ll Mm Nn Oo Pp Qq Rr Ss Tt Uu Vv Ww Xx Yy Zz

123456789

Ok I know this is the most basic font, but I have come back to it each time so after much searching this is the font I have adopted.  This font fits me because of it's clarity and simplicity.  It has become a default font for most basic word processing programs, because of it's clarity and it is easy to read.  Most Serif fonts are not very appealing to me but this one has just a subtle serif nothing to distracting.  I think it makes it clear and clean.  I also like the kern between each letter.  It flows and is pleasing to the eye.  


I would use this font if I wanted to express a neutral message, or it could be used for a complex and simplistic one as well, this is one reason I chose it is because of this versatility.  I think it would be categorized as a cross between slab serif font because it has a fairly even line weight and modern because of the small variances in the thick and thin lines.  It is a very vertical standing font without much slant if any.


If I were looking for a headline or something to draw attention or emphasize creativity I would go with a very different font one of those being Katy Berry because of its creative possibilities it is very artistic and while I have a very practical side I equally have a very creative side.  


In the end the font I would choose would reflect the message I was wanting to portray or just the mood I might be in.

Credits


Designer(s)
Jelle BosmaSteve MattesonRobin Nicholas
Foundry(ies)
Microsoft Tiro Typeworks
Release Year
2004
Country of Origin
United States

Classification
Serif
Original Format
Digital
Distributor(s)
MicrosoftAscender CorporationMonotype
Tags
Add

Background

The Cambria Font Family was designed for on-screen reading and to look good when printed at small sizes. Cambria is part of the new Windows ClearType font collection. The Cambria fonts have excellent legibility and readability characteristics. Cambria replaces Times New Roman as a Windows Vista and Microsoft Office default serif font.

No comments:

Post a Comment